The truth is that I’m not a big bodycare champion, as I mentioned earlier, I tend to quit this step in the evenings. And the simple reason for that (besides being a mother and suffering from a constant lack of time) is that even if I do use some sort of body lotion, I don’t really feel any change the next day on my skin. So I don’t often write about body care, although it is also very important.
Just the most necessary ingredients
After almost two months of use, I have to admit there is a reason to take the time for this process as well. The Jókay body butters really do their job! All of this with clean, controlled, high-quality natural ingredients like shea butter, sweet almond and avocado oil or beeswax. (I also copied the INCI list below so you can see what I’m talking about, because somehow I haven’t found them on their website.) They don’t contain any chemicals (such as parabens), dyes, or other synthetic additives. All in all, I have to say, I could not imagine more beautiful INCI lists than these. 🙂
The Sensitive body butter is completely fragrance-free , so I would suggest to use it even on extremely sensitive or baby skin. The coconut one also has a negligible amount of fragrance (the last ingredient in the INCI), which is actually heavenly – I really like it and I haven’t had any irritation at all so far.
Sensitive INCI: Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Elaesis Guineensis Kernel Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Persea Gratissima Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Beeswax, Tocopheryl Acetate
Coconut INCI: Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Elaesis Guineensis Kernel Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Persea Gratissima Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Beeswax, Tocopheryl Acetate, Parfum
Melts like a dream
Because they are butters, they obviously have to be richer than a body lotion. The texture is a bit like solid coconut oil that instantly softens and becomes creamy when it comes into contact with warm hands. You need very little, so a 150-gram jar lasts for ages.
The only thing that I couldn’t get used to very quicly is that it absorbs relatively slowly because of its richness. So it’s worth waiting a bit and not putting on your most expensive silk pajamas right after applying. 🙂
As I like to use it
- After showering, I put it all over my body. This is how I apply it most often.
- Before showering, I slather my skin with it from head to toe, I’ll wait a little to let it sink in, then I take a shower. Finally, I dry myself with a towel, which obviously removes some of it, but after that my skin is so soft and smooth (for days!) that I can’t get enough of it. Worth to try! 🙂
- They also work amazingly as a hand cream. Before going to bed I thoroughly rub my hands, my elbows with the preferred body butter of that day, and then I go to sleep. It hydrates like a dream! I can’t wait to try it out in winter because there is noone on Earth with drier hands than me, I’m sure. 😛
- They function perfectly as lipbalm too, but since they are in quite a big jar, I rather use them at home, although I could actually put a smaller amount into a travel mini container or something.
As I could use it…
- I admit I haven’t tried to put it on the ends of my hair, mostly because I have very fine, thin hair that tends to get greasy easily, but I can imagine that for dry, damaged hair ends it would work great in this form too. If you try it, let me know please! 😉
- I have not used it on striae or pregnancy lines either, because fortunately I do not have them, but Éva Jókay , the creator and owner of the brand, recommends them for these purposes too, because they have a great effect on collagen synthesis.
- Adding it to bubble baths – I definitely want to give it a try soon. The effect of hot water makes the butter turn into an amazingly moisturizing bath oil. Yum!
100% Hungarian – tripple hurray!
My heart always melts when I am able to write about a high quality Hungarian product , and Jókay body butters are definitely one of those. Their creator, Éva Jókay , got her degree in pharmacy, so she knows exactly what goes into a formula. She has also worked super hard to make them as natural and effective as possible. The end result is undoubtedly worthy of recognition. I am just hoping that these body butters will last long for me, otherwise I will probably be back in my “lazy mama” mode of body care. 🙂
The blog post was sponsored by Jókay Cosmetics.
SHOP MY FAVOURITES